Your Ad Here

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Simple email alerts via text message

Here's a mobile tip for you that could save you plenty of time and even help you make some cash. Ever wanted to have immediate text message alerts when something happens of if you received an email or order etc... while away from your PC? No problemmo, you can easily email messages to your mobile via simple text message using your "special" email address from your carrier. For example, I now receive a txt alert is someone orders a job posting on our website. The system that receives our orders and provides notification simply also sends an email to phonenumber@tmomail.net - very simple. Below are the codes required so that anyone (almost) can do this themselves. Enjoy and give a try for yourself by sending an email to your number in the format appropriate for your carrier.

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

where phonenumber = your 10 digit phone number

3 comments:

venetian81 said...

how do you do this. How does an email from your website..for ex john@doe.com alerts comes to your t-mobile set up. I have a N95 8 gb and I use t-mobile. I have set up gmail in my inbox andI want it to alert me everytime there is a new email. but it disconnects everytime I close that application adn does give me any notification until I connect. my internet is connected all the time

Mike said...

You are a genius, it worked like a charm, istant!

www.DailyCashHelp.com

Navya said...

Quite informative and interesting..Thanks for sharing..
regards
CAD drafting GIS conversion